Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pepper

About three months ago our Pepper had to have some surgery. She had a tumor in one of her nipples and had to have it removed and also was spayed. The vet said if we didn't have her spayed she had a greater chance of having another tumor return. She did really well and I was relieved to have it taken care of. Within a week or so she was pretty much back to normal. Then once the weather turned cold I noticed she was moving a little slower than usual and had figured that it was due to the cold and recovering from the surgery. Unfortunately, there must have been more going on than we knew about because she passed away on Tuesday, December 6th. It was so sad to have to tell the kids and it has effected me more than I realized. I came to depend on her just being there to protect me and keep me company when I was alone. There is definatley a huge void in our family since losing her. Pepper was a very loyal, well mannered dog and even when she escaped from the yard she never left our property. She just sat on the porch and waited for me to come home. Silly girl. Sure, Pepper has been a VERY expensive dog, (chewed up lawn mower bags, chewed up 4 wheeler controls and grips, numerous dog beds, gloves, shoes and other random items) I love her. ;) She always loved us unconditionally and minded really well. I really miss my snow shoveling buddy. Rest in peace sweet girl. We love you!

1 comment:

Murray said...

RIP Pepper. She is a gorgeous dog :)