Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Porcupine Reservoir

Last Friday night we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to Avon for somewhat of a "picnic". One of Conner's latest obsessions is Porcupine Dam, well any dam for that matter (see previous post about him building his own version of "Hoover Dam") he is facinated by how they work, how they are built and the purpose that they provide. He had been begging me for a few days to take him there so I told him when Clay got home then we could all go together. It ended up being a beautiful drive with all the leaves displaying their vibrant colors and when we arrived the reflection of the mountains on the water was breathtaking. It's a good thing that I pack my camera around with me everywhere I go! It really put a lot into perspective and showed me the simple things that we take for granted. We have this beautiful place, practically in our back yard that we have to enjoy. It's so important to take the time, take a breath and realize how important this moment was. Being together as a family, creating a memory.




No comments: