Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Eve

I'm finally getting around to posting about our Christmas festivities for this year so here goes:
On Christmas Eve we always go down to my parents house (just 2 houses away) and eat dinner, sometimes play games open a couple of presents and watch "Christmas Vacation". Before we left I had to take a picture of our house all lit up in full "Clark Griswold Style".

My mom makes homemade chili and hot rolls for dinner. It was delicious!!!

Then my mom always gives us all new pj's to wear. It wouldn't be Christmas without this tradition! It's always nice to get a new, warm pair of pajamas.


Then a couple of years ago my sisters and I started a new tradition that we give our kids a new book on Christmas Eve. I have really enjoyed searching for the perfect book for each of my kids and hope that we continue this tradition like the one my mom started so many years ago.

Courtney had made Clay and I a gift in Kindergarten that she was soooo excited to give us. She couldn't wait until Christmas day for us to open it and she insisted that we open it early. (Which for anyone who knows me this totally breaks my very strict Christmas rules!!) The wrapping paper was made by her with Christmas stamps. It was adorable!

Inside her cute little present was the most priceless gift made my her precious hands... a 2009 calendar with little pictures made out of her handprints. I will have to post some more pictures of the artwork so you understand what I mean but for example November was her hand made into a turkey. It was the cutest thing ever! She was so proud of her little creation!! And I was a proud mommy to receive this wonderful reminder of her kindergarten year.

Hanging out with my sisters Breck & Keesha.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve! I love the anticipation of the day ahead and mostly being able to spend this time with my family, husband and children. They are the most important thing! I'm so grateful for them and for this wonderful season, for the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ and for the sacrifices that he made for each one of us. Sometimes when I feel down and can't take anymore I think of all of the pain and suffering that He made for each one of us. I feel very blessed!

No comments: