Friday, January 23, 2009

Cleaning Makes Me Happy!

Tonight my house is clean! I know that it may only last until morning but for now it's perfect! The vents have been vacuumed out and washed, rugs washed, bathrooms clean and sparkly, floors swept and mopped, and everything dusted and vacuumed!! It's the most rewarding feeling! Almost like good therapy! (I probably really need some of that!) Tomorrow I'm escaping with my friends for the day and so I make myself earn the right to get to play and have ME time!! I don't know why but I do that a lot. For example if I want to scrapbook, then I have a list of things I have to accomplish before I reward myself and scrapbook! Then I don't feel guilty that I should be doing something else. It probably seems really strange to all of you but it really works for me in keeping my sanity.

Speaking of cleaning, I LOVE THIS MOP!!! My mom gave it to me for Christmas this last year and used it for the first time tonight. I think she got it from QVC (we're all junkies) and it's from Don Aslet. It's a microfiber mop and you don't even have to use any cleaning product when you clean with it. Just water!!! I have to admit I still put a little bit of Lysol in the water more for the smell good factor. Then the house truly smells clean!! And you can take the mop head off and throw it in the washer!! This clean freak is addicted!

And I've just got to give a huge thanks to my sweet Conner tonight for all of his help with the cleaning chores. I usually do all of my cleaning when the kids are with their dad so I am spending all of my limited time with them and not worrying about getting the house clean. Conner was so anxious to help! He vacuumed the whole house and spend about an entire hour vacuuming out all of the vents! He was such a helper to me! Look at him jammin to his Ipod! Just like I was! Thanks bud, I love you and appreciated all of your help tonight! I couldn't have done it without you!

3 comments:

Keesha said...

So does that mean you are free on Sunday to do my house? That is so cute that Conner helped you while jammin on his ipod. I told you that you would LOVE the mop, it's awesome. I had to laugh because I have a draft post on my blog about the mop too! :)

christy said...

I want one of those mops-especially if it blog worthy for 2 people!

Richelle Gailey said...

WHAT?! You are TOO on the ball...Please come save my house from the utmost disaster it is in...really...